Every day, people get injured on the job in Georgia. There is a lot of information about employee rights and what to do. There are also many questions that one might have, but it is important to ask the right ones to the right people.
Injuries can be costly and sometimes even life-changing. Medical bills, time off work, rehabilitation, retraining can be stressful. When you are injured at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits from your employer.
Ask your employer the right questions
If you were injured on the job, what questions should you be asking your employer after an injury? Here are a few to consider:
- Do they provide workers’ compensation coverage for employees who get hurt in on-the-job accidents under their company policy?
- What are the company’s policies for workplace injuries, including reporting procedures and time off work?
- How can I get copies of any incident reports filed by other employees who were involved with the incident when it happened, if applicable?
- Did anyone else witness the accident or know about it beforehand?
- What was happening before the accident happened to me, such as workload, type of environment, etc.?
- Do I need any medical attention now or in the future for this injury that I sustained on the job while working with you?
The key to getting the right answer is asking the right question. The above questions are a good place to start when discussing your workplace injury with your employer.
If you’re unsure where to turn after your injury, a legal advocate that is experienced with workers’ compensation cases in Georgia can help ensure that your rights are protected.
Steven Morgan is a local attorney who takes the time to get to know you and your situation. You can contact him online or call 912-289-0640 to discuss your legal needs in a confidential consultation.