Helping you navigate legal matters that affect your family
There is probably no area of law that can create more emotional upheaval than a divorce or serious family law matter. Even when the spouses can decide on most of the issues about child custody, marital property and spousal maintenance, there is something breaking up a family that leads to frustration and often bitterness.
I am Georgia family law attorney Steven Morgan, in Brunswick, Georgia. I believe having the right lawyer is your most important asset right now. My job is to help you remain calm over the next several weeks and months as we work through the necessary legal process. This means explaining things clearly and making sure you are empowered with knowledge to make the right decisions regarding your divorce or another family law matter.
My experience in Georgia family law cases includes (but is not limited to):
- Divorce, uncontested settlements and contested litigation
- Paternity lawsuits and child support
- Adoptions, stepparent adoption, agency adoption, termination of parental rights
- Legitimation, elevating the biological father of a child born out-of-wedlock to legal parent status
- Visitation rights for the noncustodial parent, setting up a visitation schedule
- Enforcement of agreements and child support orders and contempt of court judgments against those who do not comply with a court order
- Contested divorce: For clients who are unable to resolve disputes with their spouses over property, custody or alimony. I am an experienced negotiator in mediation and arbitration settings. If your case goes to trial, you will have an experienced, aggressive lawyer protecting your rights and fighting for your interests.
- Uncontested divorce: Most people are able to resolve disputes over their kitchen table, before hiring a lawyer. I offer flat fees for many services. Once we have agreed on the retainer fee, I WILL NEVER BILL ANOTHER DIME in attorneys’ fees. My focus will be to get the matter moved through the legal process as quickly as possible.
- Other family law services: Including paternity and child support litigation, prenuptial agreements, and post-divorce modifications to child support, child custody, visitation and spousal maintenance.
A lawyer who is available
I have had many clients tell me they are surprised at how accessible I remain throughout the case. I don’t have voice mail during my office hours. When clients call with a question or need to discuss something, I take the time to get on the phone, or come out of my office to meet with them face to face. It’s simple, really: I believe that your attorney owes you more than just filling out the forms.
Even if you decide to walk into my office without an appointment, if I’m not with another client, I will take the time to meet with you.
Family law services
Whether you are considering filing for divorce or need a lawyer to help you complete the process or handle another family law matter in Glynn County or nearby county in South Georgia, call my office in Brunswick. You will speak directly with me. I promise.
Free consultation to discuss your family law needs
From my office in Brunswick, I represent clients in divorce and family law matters throughout South Georgia. Call me at 912-289-0640 or send an email with a brief explanation of your family law needs today.